The traditional method of finding work is dying but many who search for jobs seem to be unaware of this. The conventional way of finding work has been to drop off a physical resume at work sites but this method is not working as well as it used to in days of auld. Here you will find a list of tips for finding work in Canada in today’s digital age.
- Make advertisement listings on sites like Craigslist and Kijiji, so that people can find you while you’re out there searching, doubling your chances of landing a lead.
- Message Facebook pages of local businesses that you would like to work for.
- Search for websites on Google using search terms like “we’re hiring” and “careers” to find pages on websites that have forms for submitting digital resumes.
- Throw away the phone book and use Google Maps to find companies near you that you would like to work for and call them one by one to find out if they are hiring or not.
- If in the meantime you can’t get hired, easily start your own business to offer any service you can by making a free Weebly site and a free Facebook page. Promote yourself online in local social media groups offering your services. This is optimal if you’re offering simple services like gardening, cleaning, snow removal, etc.
Every year the methods of finding work change as they adapt to rising technologies. Therefore we mist adapt as well to optimize our chances of success. In many cases the traditional ways of finding jobs may still work, but less and less so every year. Pay attention to the ways in which the Internet are changing the fabric of society and you will have an upper-hand.
Best of luck in your job search.